At last, ladies and gentleman, it’s rock ‘n’ roll Christmas time. Yes, we’re going to talk great 2009 music in these last days of December, but here comes one of two Christmas lists we’ve got lined up. Santa, pay attention. Here’s one from Chicago. (List two on Christmas day).
Yes, The Snow Angels may be from the North Pole, but during their rest-of-the-year jobs, the Angels are in a few awesome bands: Johnny And The Limelites, Mannequin Men, Vee Dee, and Automatic Stinging Machines. And together? They play some great rock ‘n’ roll for the holiday season. You want holiday cheer and you’re sick of having Vince Guaraldi Trio and A Christmas Gift For You From Phil Spector? Although you’re severely misguided because both of those albums are brilliant, definitely turn to Seasonal Help by The Snow Angels.
The Snow Angels – “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” (from Seasonal Help)
If you want some holiday cheer tonight (Dec. 19), hit The Hideout for The Snow Angels’ Yuletide rock ‘n’ roll extravaganza. And now, a Christmas list from the red ‘n’ green badasses themselves.
1) Run DMC – “Christmas in Hollis” (single) – “This song reminds me of ‘Argyle’ – the limo driver from the movie Die Hard. Also, after 20 years, the beats are still fresh.”- Felix Navidad
2) Becky Lee Beck – “I Want a Beatle for Christmas” (single) – “What more could I ask for? Becky would be happy with any of the Fab Four but pleads ‘Santa if you bringo my boy Ringo, I’ll be so happy I could SCREAM!’ Exactly.” – Don December XXV
3) Elvis Presley – “Mama Liked the Roses” (from From Elvis In Memphis B-Sides) – “I just love when Elvis speaks. Elvis Speaks! Another highlight is the line ‘she grow’d them in the yaaard.’ This is why he is my King.” – Kris Mass
4) Wham! – “Last Christmas” (from Music From The Edge Of Heaven) – “I guess I’ve been feeling very nastalgic lately. the Noth-Pole in the 80’s was such a blast. Everyone was getting high on that Possumhaw Holly. Gretzky was killin it in Edmonton. And I was dating ‘Betty Lou Who’ at the time. Boy oh boy, the things she could do with a candy cane. Lemme tell ya. We had some good times. But I loved her and she didn’t love me. Oh well. Wham still rules!” – Rey N. Deere
5) Slade – “Merry Xmas Everybody” (single) – “Mama, weer all krazee for this holiday jam that makes all the good little girls ho ho horny!” – Santa Cos
Snow Angels – Lala