Are you in middle or high school? Are you throwing a party? Have you picked out what music you’re going to listen to? If the answers to those questions are yes, yes, and no respectively, I’m going to recommend that you throw out your 50 Cent and Taylor Swift CDs and buy Pretty Feelings by Butterfly Bones. It’s worth it. I swear.
Buttefly Bones sounds like one of those parties in a basement. The parents have dished for the generic brand soda, home recipe dips, and Papa John’s pizza, and yet they’re shunned to the upstairs while the kids all play video games and “I Never” (or whatever it is that kids do at these basement parties). I don’t know what it is, but the lightheartedness of Butterfly Bones really does sound just like one of those parties. It’s awesome.
Butterfly Bones – “Xoxo” (from Pretty Feelings)
They’re playing a special loft party on 9/19 at The Future, 1318 W. Cermak (enter through the alley). Here’s a list of songs that they love, “‘Cause it’s summer!!!!!!!! <3 <3”
1) Neon Indian – “Deadbeat Summer” (from Psychic Chasms)
2) Talking Heads – “First Week, Last Week…Carefree” (from Talking Heads 77)
3) Givers – “Ceiling of Plankton” (from Givers)
4) Starfucker – “Boy Toy” (from Jupiter)
5) Mariah Carey – “Fantasy” (from Daydream)
Butterfly Bones – MySpace